Scavi with Palazzo and Valentini Tour.
2 unique tours are included on this Experience
The Necropolis is located directly beneath the immense St Peter’s Basilica and includes everything from Roman Cities of the dead to Papal Tombs, including the tomb of St Peter, the very first Pope and a Disciple of Jesus. This tour is breathtaking and not many people are actually aware visits are allowed; they are but under very strict regulations.
During this unique Experience you will be put into a group of maximum 12 people with a Guide; your tour will last 1.5 hours. In order to preserve this exceptional historical and archaeological site and especially the revered tomb of St Peter, only 125 visitors per day are allowed on this tour. Please do not book this tour if you suffer from claustrophobia .
Palazzo Valentini tour:
Discover the hidden beauties of the fascinating Roman Houses recently discovered and renovated. These houses, “domus” in Latin, belonged to patrician families, possibly even senators, of the Imperial era. Mosaics, decorated walls, polychrome floors, streets and other findings have been made into a fascinating journey through time. This treasure was unknown until 2004 and covers an area of 1,800sqm and is located very close to the Roman Forum
Price from £110 per person Includes:
- Car + Assistant from centrally located hotel to the Scavi entrance (max 1 hour service) – one way service only
- Entrance Ticket Scavi
- Entrance Ticket Palazzo Valentini
- Visit of the Scavi lasts around 1.5 hrs – not available Sundays
- Visitors of the Scavi must be 15 years old, without any exception
- Visitors of the Scavi must bring a valid document for possible inspection by the Vatican authorities
- For the respect due to the original tomb of the Apostle Peter, the clothing must be suitable to the holy place: for men only long TROUSERS, for women pants or skirts below the knee, covered shoulders for everyone
- Palazzo Valentini visit duration is around 2 hours
- Palazzo Valentini visit is not available on Tuesday