Chateau de Clos Lucé Art Experience
Leonardo da Vinci spent the last 3 years of his life here at Chateau de Clos Lucé. He was invited by King Francis 1 to be his personal first painter, engineer and architect. Leonardo da Vinci died here in 1519.
2019 marked the 500 years of his arrival in France and the Leonardo da Vinci workshops have been rediscovered and restored in keeping with a renaissance studio. Chateau de Clos Lucé has created an immersive tour where sound and video bring to life the 17 masterpieces of this creative genius and the spirit of his paintings. Apparently rumour has it that Leonardo di Caprio will be starring in the Biopic of Leonardo da Vinci. Di Caprio got his first name because his mother was looking at Da Vinci paintings at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence the first time she felt her son ticking.
Our Chateau de Clos Luce Experience is combined with a guided tour of Royal Chateau of Amboise and Chateau Chenonceau plus wine tasting and lunch in the Loire Valley
£170 per person
- Pickup and departure from centre of the town of Amboise.
- A private guided full day tour and wine tasting.
For more details please do get in touch with the inspire me travel team by contacting us here.
• The above experience can be customised to suit your requirements
• We offer Hotels from 3 stars to 5 stars as well as self catering where possible
• Number of nights are flexible
• Please contact us for your bespoke quote